If you’re looking for a secure trampoline that your small backyard can easily accommodate, then you’re in the right place. While the market is deluged with an extensive range of trampolines, it’s hard to find one that will let you shut your eyes knowing that your kids aren’t at risk, considering the fact that trampolines result in around 100,000 injuries per year in the U.S. alone.
To make the selection process easier for you, we’ve compiled a list of the finest trampolines that the market has to offer. Moreover, we’ve followed our list with a bulletproof buying guide that will help you get the most bang for your buck and ensure that the trampoline you’re going to buy is a safe one for your children. So without further ado, let’s jump right into it.
|Skywalker Trampolines 12-Foot Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline with Enclosure Net - Basketball Trampoline, Blue||Buy Now|
|Zupapa 15 14 12 10 FT Trampoline for Kids with Safety Enclosure Net Outdoor Trampolines with Non-Slip Ladder (15FT)||Buy Now|
|Skywalker Trampolines Mini Trampoline with Enclosure Net, 40 - inch, Green||Buy Now|
|36-Inch Kids Trampoline Little Trampoline with Adjustable Handrail and Safety Padded Cover Mini Foldable Bungee Rebounder Trampoline Indoor/Outdoor||Buy Now|
SkyBound Atmos 8-Foot Trampoline with Full Enclosure
Starting off our list is the 8-foot SkyBound Atmos. The size of this trampoline makes it a great fit for smaller spaces. It’s built from high-quality materials and components that grant it remarkable durability. The frame is made out of rugged galvanized steel that spans 8 feet wide. Moreover, it comes with the manufacturer’s 10-year, industry-leading frame warranty.
In terms of safety, the SkyBound Atmos features a high-density concave enclosure that does an excellent job of preventing the user from making contact with the padded safety enclosure poles while using the trampoline. What’s more, the enclosure is also UV-resistant, which also allows it to serve as a layer of protection against harmful ultraviolet light, which is highly convenient.
To add to the safety and stability factors on uneven surfaces, the SkyBound Atmos features 8 feet that can rotate and pivot, so you don’t have to worry about finding an even terrain to put this trampoline on. The SkyBound Atmos meets all of the safety standards set by the U.S. ASTM. in addition, it’s EN71-certified for safety, which makes it arguably the safest trampoline on this list.
- Accompanied by a 10-year frame warranty
- Provides protection against harmful UV light
- Features a secure zip closure for user safety
- This trampoline doesn’t require much space
- Provides a superb deal of value for the price
- This unit isn’t large enough for more than 2 kids
- Putting this trampoline together can take a while
The SkyBound Atmos is the perfect trampoline for anyone seeking the highest safety standards, in addition to an unchallenged 10-year warranty.
Skywalker Trampolines 12-Foot Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline
Stealing a spot on our list is the highly-popular Jump N’ Dunk. This 12-foot trampoline features a basketball hoop and ball so that you can shoot hoops while bouncing high in the air. The hoop is extremely well-padded so you don’t have to be concerned about your kid’s safety in the event of hitting the hoop. And with 12-foot worth of jumping space, this trampoline is fairly commodious.
One of the great things about this trampoline is that it’s not available in a single color that you’re going to be forced to buy, it comes in 6 different colors, so you’ll certainly find one that your child likes. The Jump N’ Dunk is equipped with a net enclosure that’s designed to keep the user from falling off. There are no gaps left once the net is attached to each of the springs for ideal safety.
It’s quite obvious that Skywalker Trampolines has gone the extra mile to ensure that this product is safe for children, which can be seen in the dual-net closure and latch system. Additionally, the poles are angled at the top in order to preclude the user from hitting them. The Jump N’ Dunk is backed by a 1-year warranty on the materials and a 3-year warranty on the frame.
- This unit is backed by two solid warranties
- Offers an extensive array of safety features
- Accompanied by a basketball hoop and ball
- The frame’s construction is resistant to rust
- The poles are angled and very well-padded
- We wouldn’t recommend this unit for grown-ups
- Hard to sweep off debris due to the tight netting
We’d highly recommend the Skywalker Trampolines Jump N’ Dunk for anyone with kids that are obsessed with basketball. Just be prepared for a tiring debris-sweeping process.
Best Choice Products Kids 7-Foot Round Mini Trampoline
If a 12-foot trampoline sounds like too much for your backyard, then you should definitely check out this 7-foot model from Best Choice Products. Not only is this trampoline more compact than a lot of the products reviewed in this article, but it’s also much more affordable. But that doesn’t mean that your child’s safety will be compromised if you choose to buy this trampoline.
This trampoline features a rugged metal construction that ensures great longevity. Getting inside and outside of this trampoline is fairly easy, thanks to the use of a zip closure. The trampoline is available in two colors: orange and blue, so you can choose the color that best suits your kids. It also comes with instructions that’ll help guide you through the assembly process.
In terms of safety, the metallic components of the Mini Trampoline are well-padded to keep your child out of harm’s way. Moreover, the net enclosure prevents you from falling off the trampoline. The materials used in the manufacturing of this trampoline are resistant to water and rust. It also offers protection against UV light. All in all, this is a great budget-friendly option for kids.
- Available at a highly affordable price tag
- Resistant to water, rust, and UV sunlight
- Well padded to reduce the risk of injuries
- An ideal-size trampoline for any backyard
- The assembly process is straightforward
- The weight capacity of this unit is subpar
- Customer reviews indicate missing parts
Running on a tight budget and you’re looking for an affordable bouncer that can fit in your small backyard? The Round Mini Trampoline from Best Choice Products is the right product for you.
Zupapa TUV-Approved Trampoline with Enclosure Net
If you’ve got quite a bit of money to spend and you’re looking to invest in the best of the best, the Zupapa TUV-Approved Trampoline is the way to go. This trampoline is available in 3 sizes: 12, 14, 15 feet, so depending on how much free space you have in your backyard, your decision should be made accordingly. The smallest version can handle up to 2 people comfortably.
The Zupapa trampoline package includes a wide variety of accessories, including a safety pad, enclosure net, trampoline ladder, rain cover, and the T-hook needed for the installation. This unit is one of the best on the market because it has an impressive maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds, which makes it an ideal trampoline for youngsters of all sizes.
The 2020 version of the Zupapa trampoline features the new no-gap jumping mat design which helps eliminate the gaps between the spring pad and the jumping mat for ideal safety. It’s also the reason why the Zupapa has exceeded the TUV safety standards. All things considered, the Zupapa is a trampoline that’s certainly well worth the steep investment.
- Boasts an impressive maximum weight limit
- Available in different sizes for convenience
- This product exceeds TUV safety standards
- Comes with all the accessories you need
- Features one of the sturdiest constructions
- This trampoline is a bit of a costly investment
- The instructions could’ve been written better
The Zupapa TUV-Approved Trampoline is the ideal product for someone who doesn’t want to be concerned with weight limit. However, this trampoline doesn’t come cheap.
Skywalker Trampolines Mini Trampoline with Enclosure Net
Looking for an extra-small bouncer? The Skywalker Mini Trampoline offers 40 inches of jumping space in a super compact and very appealing design. This bouncer features a padded mat that ensures comfort and safety for your child. What’s more, you don’t have to worry about your child having trouble getting into and out of this trampoline, thanks to the zip closure on the side.
The Skywalker Mini Trampoline is ideal for small children because it features handrails that your child can hang on to for better balance. Moreover, it features a directly-sewn net enclosure that prevents your child from falling off while bouncing off it. It’s also worth mentioning that the mat is made of non-slip material to add to the safety and stability factors.
The upper section of the trampoline isn’t the only one with a safety enclosure, the lower section also features an enclosure so that your children can’t get underneath the trampoline. Moreover, the bounce action of this trampoline is achieved with the aid of stretch bands rather than strings, which helps eliminate the risk of being pinched by springs completely.
- Utilizes stretch bands rather than springs
- Features handrails for enhanced balance
- Offers an enclosed lower section for safety
- Features a highly durable steel construction
- Accompanied by two convenient warranties
- Not the easiest trampoline to put together
- Can’t accommodate more than one child
If the trampolines we’ve covered so far seem too large for your backyard, this mini bouncer from Skywalker Trampolines is definintely going to win you over.
LBLA 36-Inch Kids Little Trampoline with Adjustable Handrail
This is yet another perfect trampoline for little kids that doesn’t require a whole lot of space. The great thing about this trampoline is that it’s super easy to assemble, so your child will be playing with it within a few minutes of you bringing it home. Not only that, but it can be folded for ease of storage or completely disassembled if your storage space can’t accommodate it while folded.
The legs on this trampoline feature plastic footing so that the metal doesn’t damage your floor. It also features a handlebar that your kid can use to gain more balance. In addition, the handlebar can be adjustable vertically or horizontally to accommodate your child’s needs. The handlebar is made entirely out of steel, so you don’t have to worry about it getting damaged in any way.
The LBLA 36-Inch Kids Trampoline features a protective cover that you can use to prevent your child from hitting the steel components. As far as the capacity, this trampoline will accommodate up to 132 pounds, making it perfect for all kids under the age of 6. Lastly, this trampoline can be used both indoors and outdoors for guaranteed year-round fun. Highly recommended!
- Equipped with an adjustable safety handrail
- Comes with a protective cover for ideal safety
- Can easily be assembled within 10 minutes
- Features a highly-durable steel construction
- One of the more affordable products on our list
- Not designed for children older than 6 years old
- Can’t accommodate more than one kid at once
If your little ones tend to struggle with maintaining balance while bouncing on trampolines, this is a trampoline that will certainly help them take their bouncing skills to the next level.
Springfree 11-Foot Large Square Springless Trampoline
This 11-foot square trampoline from Springfree is a perfect model for those who want to enjoy a fairly commodious trampoline without needing a lot of space. Springfree is a brand that has built its reputation on longevity, so you’re guaranteed a trampoline that’ll last for years. The height of the mat on this trampoline is 3.3 feet above the ground, which is a pretty safe height for kids.
One thing this trampoline has to offer that you’re less likely to find with other products is a sweet 10-year warranty on the whole trampoline, how cool is that? The net enclosure is UV-coated to protect you from harmful ultraviolet sunlight. Moreover, it’s designed to withstand wear and tear. The frame on this trampoline features 3 rust-protection layers to ensure its longevity.
Another thing that makes this trampoline so popular is that it features a basketball hoop for an extra bit of fun. In terms of safety, all the metal components holding this trampoline together are underneath the jumping surface, which means that in the event of you losing balance, you won’t have to worry about hitting any of these components.
- The metal frame is underneath the jumping surface
- The net enclosure is UV-coated and tear-resistant
- Features 3 layers of rust protection for the frame
- Comes with a ladder and features a basketball hoop
- Comes with an excellent 10-year limited warranty
- One of the more expensive trampolines on this list
- The maximum weight capacity is subpar for the price
Looking to give you kids a lot of jumping space to enjoy bouncing on without taking up too much space in your backyard? The Springfree Large Square Springless Trampoline is your best bet.
JumpSport AlleyOOP PowerBounce 12-Foot Trampoline
The AlleyOOP PowerBounce is a trampoline best known for its impressive bounce performance. It features a sturdy metal frame that provides a great deal of support. It also features a patented technology that absorbs shock effectively, which as a result offers superb bounce. Further, in the event of balance loss, the shock absorption allows for a soft landing, preventing injuries.
This trampoline is available in a 14-foot version for those with a more accommodating backyard. The AlleyOOP PowerBounce features a pad that’s made out of high-density foam. The pad also features reinforced PVC for optimal durability. Moreover, the mat featured a UV shield. And with the aid of 10 rows of stitching, this trampoline will surely last you for years to come.
- A superb trampoline when it comes to bounce
- Offers great shock absorption for optimal safety
- Features a highly-durable mat with a UV shield
- Boasts an impressive maximum weight capacity
- High-quality springs with a 5-year limited warranty
- JumpSport is a pretty expensive trampoline brand
- The assembly instructions are written very poorly
Great bounce isn’t something that a lot of trampolines can provide. The AlleyOOP, however, is a trampoline that excels when it comes providing remarkable bounce.
The Buying Guide
Trampolines come in a broad range of shapes and sizes, making the process of picking the right product a little grueling. To ensure the most value for your money, consider the following factors:
Trampolines are available in various shapes, and you’d be startled to know how much difference the shape of a trampoline could make as far as space saving. Trampolines come in five different shapes, namely round, oval, rectangular, square, and octagonal. Let’s break each of them down to help you learn more about the different types of trampolines.
- Round – Round trampolines are arguably the most popular type on the market. This type tends to measure anywhere between 8 and 15 feet, so you’re likely going to find one that your small-sized backyard can accommodate. Round trampolines are available in a lot of best-value models, as well as high-end, more expensive models.
- Oval – Oval trampolines are another highly popular type, but we wouldn’t advise you to invest in one if you have limited space because these trampolines tend to be quite large. In return, however, this type offers a great deal of fun, thanks to its larger bouncing space.
- Rectangular – This type of trampolines are available in a wide range of sizes and they’re actually perfect for restricted backyards. Rectangular trampolines provide a great deal of bounce, which makes them an ideal choice for gymnasts. And the models that are made of backyard use are a bundle of fun for children.
- Square – While not as popular as the above-mentioned types, square trampolines are, in fact, one of the better types when it comes to providing a lot of jumping space. They’re a lot similar to rectangular models in terms of jumping area, making them an excellent pick for people with smaller backyards.
- Octagonal – Octagonal-shaped trampolines are an awesome option for those looking for a perfect bounce. This type of trampolines is often made of premium materials and that’s the reason why they’re so steep. And being pretty expensive explains why they’re not as popular as round or oval trampolines, which tend to be a lot more affordable.
Now that you’ve decided on which trampoline design you’re going to go with, it’s time to inspect how much space you have in your backyard so that you can determine how large the trampoline is going to be. When doing so, you must keep in mind that you’ll need a bit of free space around the trampoline. Trampolines come in a wide range of sizes, so this shouldn’t be a problem.
The last thing you want is to pay a pretty penny for a trampoline only to have it rendered useless after a few months. You must make sure that the trampoline you’re interested in getting boasts a solid construction that’ll last you for years. You should also make sure that there are spare parts available for that trampoline on the market for when it’s time to replace any of its components.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the trampoline you’re going to buy should be able to handle all kinds of weather unless you plan on taking it inside every time it starts raining. Since most of the components that make up a trampoline are made of metal, you should make sure that these components have a rust-proof layer of protection to ensure their longevity.
This is a vital factor to consider if you have more than one child because there are some models that are designed for use only by a single person and there are other models that can withstand more. The vast majority of 8-foot trampolines can withstand a couple of people using them. We highly recommend checking the weight limit commended by the manufacturer to ensure safety.
One of the things you don’t want your trampoline to do is for it to tip over as you’re jumping on it. To avoid this, you have to invest in a trampoline that has either a rugged base that can easily be secured to the ground or a weighted base that won’t tip over from all the bouncing. If the product you’re interested in doesn’t have any of these features, you’ll have to buy securing anchors.
Length of Legs
Trampolines rely on legs in order to be elevated, which is fine and dandy if the legs are of a safe height. However, if you have a trampoline with super-long legs, it can be significantly dangerous in the event of your child falling off the trampoline. Make sure that the legs of the trampoline are of moderate height to ensure your child’s safety or you can go for a dug-in trampoline.
While bouncing high off a trampoline is an awesome bundle of fun, you can add more to the fun you can have with your trampoline by investing in a model that features fun additions. You’ll find models that feature a basketball hoop so that you can land a couple of slam dunks while you’re at it. There are other models that feature a balance handle designed for small children.
Hopefully, the information we’ve provided today has helped make your decision-making process a little easier. We’re certain that one of the above-mentioned products will meet both your needs and budget. Let us know which one of the products reviewed in this article you think is the best.